Saturday 13 September 2008

Sky News

I cannot believe what I have just seen. Whilst working extremely hard I was watching Sky News about thias XL Airline collapse.

First off there was a gang of six lads who were holidaying in Ibiza. They were complaining that they would have to spend an extra two nights in Ibiza for free. Hold on - two free nights in Ibiza? How is that a bad thing? They didn't look old enough to work so that can't have been a problem and I am sure they haven't got much to come home to... I can just imagine the conversation they had with there rep.

"I am so sorry Mr Whateveryournameis, you will have to spend an extra two nights here, full board, free of charge"
"Oh boo hiss boo - I was sooo looking forward to going back the UK. I hear the weather has been brilliant and I never bore of watching This Morning whilst sponging off the system. Can I speak to your manager? I demand to be sent home now"

No! If that was me I would be made up now - its free! Its Ibiza. The youth of today!


Then....

A woman is being comforted by her 'other half' - whatever that means? They had been on holiday for four nights on the Costa Del Sol. These are quotes - I kid you not...

Sob, sob, sob, sniff 'I can't beleiev it - I fell like my life is ruined', sniff, sniff, whimper 'I want to go home' cuddle, sniff, more tears, sniff 'This was meant to be a holiday of a lifetime - it took us a year to save for this' more tears, sniff, sniff 'Its ruined!

Get a grip woman!!!!!! Your life is ruined? How? 60,000 people being evacuated from Texas and some loosing there homes is life ruined. Loosing a family member on a train crash in LA is life ruined. Having to spend an extra night in Spain is far from ruined!!!! And the holiday of a lifetime. Come on luv - what did you do - put a pound a week away in a savings account then go wild on four days? Livin' on the edge eh? Its the Costa Del Sol - not two weeks first class to the moon. You can imagine her at home. 'Oh my god a bulb has gone in the living room - do you think we will ever recover from this tragedy, darling?' sob sob sob whinge cry 'We'll muddle though hun!' sob, sob, 'My life is ruined..... again!!!' sob sob.

Where do Sky News get these people?

No comments: