Saturday 13 September 2008

Pirates...

Well another day comes to a close. As usual very little has happened and surprisingly another day has passed without us breaking down. I am still however going to bed with my life jacket on, in a lifeboat. You never know...
Other than that the cruise goes well though.

On a lighter note today I had a riveting conversation about Pirates. Not the 'Arggghh... shiver me timbers type' but the 'Give us your ship or we will kill you' type, which admittedly isn't that much different from the 'Arggghh... shiver me timbers type' but minus the parrots and men with hooks. You know what I mean.

Well anyway I was aked why we never get attacked by pirates. How rude of them! After an initial look of disgust I was about to say 'Yes, yes, if pirates want a rusting, broken down, undermanned heap of a ship, they would go fo the Titanic'. But kept that thought to myself and let the question wash over me. But noooo... I was then told that they wouldn't attack us anyway.Why? In case we throw potatoes and toilet rolls at them? Shout naughty words at them? Break down, ram them (accidentally) then have to ask them to tow us back to port to be reapaired? Yes I am sure they see us coming over the horizon and abandon ship. Hmmm...

No comments: