Monday 22 December 2008

Seychelles Day 2

Well we finally got to the buoy yesterday and shore leave was granted! Yeah I am in the Seychelles!!! As ever I quickly got changed and msde sure I was (as usual) the first person down the gangway. We chug chugged away for a couply of minutes to the shore on what I would consider the most rickety boat I have ever been on and I am in the RFA - how it floated was beyond me. But one rollercoaster ride of a journey we arrived at the shore, in the not so sunny Seychelles. Its still warm though.

Anyway, straight outside the gate of the port was a nice little bar where we proceeded to have some drinkey drinkey yum yums. The only drawback of this place was that you could see the ship from its windows - you don't travel ashore to be reminded of where you have to live, sleep and work (occasionally). So we left there and proceeded to frequent every bar we could find. But oh no! We have to be back to the port to catch the last boat. Running is not my thing so much coughing, gasping and general exercise later we arrived at the port with about five minutes to spare. But where is the boat? Midnight, quarter past, twenty past, still no boat. Being extremely drunk and just wanting to get back the ship this was becoming rather tiresome. We rang the ship and an hour later what can only be described as a rowing boat came and got us. I wore my life jacket on that thing...


This morning wasn't too bad. I was duty so had to float about looking busy (very good at that - piece of paper in your hand and everyone thinks you are rushed of ya feet) so it passed off quite well. Still got a bit of a headache though - its not the booze, I must be coming down with something (yes its probably withdrawl!).


Off again tomorrow so planning to go ashore and do it all over again.


Will I ever learn?

No comments: