Sunday 5 October 2008

From bad to worse

Oh how I love my job.

Because of our continuing, chronic food and drink shortages it looks like we will be going in to port early. I can imagine the woried fone calls back to HQ. 'Look, if we don't get in to port soon Roy will vanish! He isn't exactly overweight anyway and a few more days of letttuce on stale toast ain't gonna do him any favours!'.

Joking aside things are rather grim.

We are down to our last four hundred tea bags.

Grim indeed.

With not alot to do except go round in squares in the middle of the ocean, tea is a prized commodity. Becuase I saw this coming (in reality I luckily found abox of 150 Tetley tea bags a few weeks ago and moved them upto the shack) I still have much tea and coffee up here to keep me going, but you can see some people getting worried. 400 tea bags ain't gonna last long.

The fools! They should have foresaw the events and stole tea like I did!!!! Ha!

Besides the majority of the crew wasting away and whimpering for tea and coffee I watched a fantastic tv proggie which I can recommend to anyone.

Due to the Sat Tv being broken (have I mentioned that before? Cos I am bored sick of being reminded about in onboard) we are watching discs which HQ send us with recordings of selected tv programmes on. Its a bit like Virgins TV on Demand except you can't choose what to watch. Anyway the proggie is called 'The Inbetweeners' and was originally on E4 about a group of late teeners living there lives. Its very very funny and very good. I do hope its recommisioned.

Another recommendation is 'The Supersizers go...'. This is about two people who live for a week eating what different generation ate eg. the 1970's, Edwardian, Elizabethan etc. Its quite informative but also quite funny. The woman in it is just usally pissed and the fella, well also usually pissed, but just eats and eats. Watch them both if they should get repeated.

I do work every now and then - its not all TVTVTVVTVTTVTV.

No comments: